Here’s my notes from the Vinyasa session, for anyone who wants to play along at home. The next session will be a Satsang session at my home on 21st January, 8-10pm, to discuss and share this theme and our reflections on it. The next Vinyasa session on the theme of Embodying the Warrior will be on 4th Feb at Rowde Village hall, 8-10pm.
Welcome + energy levels
- So, then, the questions we are asking are: How do we find our own practice? How do we share what we find? How do we go deeper? What are we looking to find?
- “My name is [name] and tonight I bring [quality/feeling].” “Namaste [name] we welcome your [quality/feeling].”
- Some practicalities
Prayers: (join hands)
- Honouring and naming the spirits of place and all those seen and unseen that make it possible for us to be here tonight
- “With great respect and love, I honour my heart, my inner teacher”
- How do we just do it without overthinking? How do we just let go? What are the dangers of doing so?
- Action: legs/core, in and up and strong; Surrender: heart/hips, out and down and melt
- Welcome + energy levels
- Follow along and adapt opening pawanamuktasana style stretches from sitting > standing
- Take turns to lead around the circle: one moves, all follow without need for instruction
- I led a Womb yoga Full moon salute – lots of circling and spiraling, mostly on hands and knees
- Taking turns to lead around the circle
- All move in your own way
- Be inspired by your body; be inspired by others; don’t be afraid to be still
- No pushing, no rush, no holding back
- Be safe, be held, be free, step up
- Come to stillness in your own time
- Singing or listening to ‘Aham’ – Hari Pyari’s chant
3 Poems were read:
- When Death Comes – Mary Oliver
- Sunset – Rainer Maria Rilke
- Sweet Darkness – David Whyte
Join hands, give thanks:
- “In this place, at this time, I discover […]”
“We swear by peace and love to stand,
Heart to heart and hand to hand.
Mark, O spirits and hear us now,
Confirming this our sacred vow.”
- Honouring each part of your body in turn
- Exploring how action/surrender feel in the body – how you experience them and whether there is a place in the middle.
- Sharing cake and thoughts
- Reminder: 21st Jan / 4th Feb – Satsang/Vinyasa: Embodying the Warrior
- What does fierceness look like? Can we channel positive anger? How do we burn for change?